People everywhere are using microfiber towels to clean up all sorts of household messes. These soft towels are super user-friendly and will tackle many of your household chores with ease. Here are five of the reasons that you should stock up on microfiber towels today.
First, let’s look at some microfiber towel basics.
Benefits of microfiber
So many people are discovering that fluffy microfiber cloths pack a bunch of perks into their small size. Some of the most significant advantages to cleaning with this material include (1) absorbency, (2) a vast number of uses, (3) chemical-free cleaning, and (4) a long-life span.
A somewhat green cleaning choice
Who wants to use unnecessary chemicals to clean a house? If you’re looking for a greener cleaning option, you don’t need to search any further than the microfiber towel. As microfiber towels contain polyester, they aren’t exactly eco-friendly. However, since you don’t need to use any added detergents along with the fact that the cloth lasts a long time it is a greener cleaning option than many of the things that people typically use to clean.
Proper care is the trick to a long-lasting towel. Wash it in warm water with a mild detergent. Avoid fabric softeners. If possible, it’s a smart idea to air dry your microfiber towels. If not, make sure that you keep them out of a hot dryer.
For stinky towels, TODAY suggests putting them into a mixture of boiling water and baking soda for up to fifteen minutes.
Five ways to use microfiber towels in your home
Now that you know more about microfiber towels, here are five ways to freshen up your home.
- #1: Keep your shower and bathtub sparkling by wiping them down after each use. Microfiber cloths are incredibly absorbent, and you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to prevent the streaks and spots that occur when your shower and bathtub air dry.
- #2: Shine your mirrors without using anything but a microfiber cloth and a bit of water. Kitchen Stewardship also notes that you can add a bit of vinegar to the water if you want a little bit more cleaning power.
- #3: Why buy furniture polish when a microfiber cloth does a great job at picking up the dust that inevitably accumulates on all of the furniture and knick-knacks in your home?
- #4: Did you know that a microfiber towel does a superb job of drying hair? From human hair to dog hair, proponents swear that you’ll get a quicker dry time with less rubbing needed when you switch out your cotton towel with a microfiber one.
- #5: Make your Mama proud by using a microfiber cloth to clean all of the baseboards in your house. We won’t pretend that cleaning baseboards are a fun job, but it’s easier when you wipe them with the cloth.
Lastly, microfiber towels are an excellent choice for all of those quick cleaning tasks that keep your house in shape. You’ll find those quick touch-ups are all that your home needs to look its best when you invest in regular maid services from Love My Maids. Contact us, and we’ll get started giving your home a spotless shine.